|Board rules 1.02
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Barwickian [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:47 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Board rules 1.02|
Unlike many RPG boards, this board is largely comprised of people who know each other in the flesh. That means we really don't expect issues facing bigger, global boards. Nevertheless, we do have certain ground rules, and it's only fair to make these explicit so everyone knows what they are.
These rules are simple guidelines to ensure that the forums are a friendly, culturally sensitive and wonderful place to be. They are; however, not exhaustive. The overarching principle is to adhere to the spirit of them. So if in doubt, ask yourself if your post keeps the forums a friendly, sensitive and wonderful place. If the answer is no, then don't post. The moderators will help guide you in adhering to the spirit of the site, and will enforce not only the letter of the rules, but also the guiding principles.
1) First posts by new members will be moderated. After that you can post at will. If you find you still cannot post freely after your first post, PM a board admin (name in red) and we'll fix that.
2) Most areas of this forum are visible to the public. Please bear that in mind.
3) No flaming, trolling or personal attacks. Feel free to disagree with others - we all have opinions, sometimes strong ones - but play nicely.
4) No racist, sexist or homophobic language. All geeks are equal in our eyes: we believe in geequality.
5) Posts must be in keeping with the social, religious and cultural values of the UAE, and abide by the UAE cyber-crimes law
6) No linking to (or descriptions of where to find) pirate copies of rules.
7) There may things not listed here which we may need to act on for the good of the forum. If you think you might be doing one of those things, don't.
8) If issues arise we have not anticipated these rules may be updated to cover them. We will announce any updates and make the change(s) clear.
Posts that breach these rules will be deleted by mods, and those posting them may be given a warning. Repeated offences may result in account suspension or, as a last resort, a ban.
Warnings stay on record for 90 days. Account suspension is typically for one month.
If you feel a post has breached these guidelines, please report it. That will ensure mods look at it closely.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 4 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group